Inspired by the personal experience of Florida State University star quarterback, Victor Prinzi, Rosemary Imregi and J. R. Minard’s debut novel captures the underlying heartbeat of a Florida reform school in 1961.
“Coach in Cottage C” is a passionate story of an exceptional character confronting despair and hopelessness, but also details the friendship, trust and joy in the creation of an unlikely Florida high school football team. [Read more]
Robert Fisher Jr.
Coach Matt Grazi, the main character in “Coach in Cottage C,” is a star college football player who comes face to face with the reality his dream of a career in professional football is over. Trying to find some worth in the time he has spent on the gridiron, and determined to somehow keep football in his life, he lands in one of the most unlikely of places, a facility in the Florida juvenile justice system.
- Book Expo 2024Since 2015, WLOV has produced the Central Florida Book and Author Expo. “Coach in Cottage C” is a highlight among 80 authors at the Eisenhower Recreation Center in The Villages, Fl on Sunday, January 28th 2024. An untold story in Florida history, a first time coach finds he and a
- 2023 Book ExpoCoach in Cottage C – a hit at the largest book sale in The Villages!
- All Booked Up Bookstore Exhibits Recent Works by Villages AuthorsMarch-April 2021 All Booked Up, a bookstore located at 271 Colony Blvd. in The Villages, will feature a new set of books written by authors in The Villages. The store features books by members of the Writers League of The Villages club every two months and includes a variety of
- Sumter County Library December 1, 2020Author J.R. Minard, delighted a Zoom audience on December 1, 2019 with an inside view of “Coach in Cottage C”, a novel she wrote with co-author Rosemary Imregi. Her teaching experience in public schools and at the Job Corps assisted her in her quest to get “inside” the heads of
- J.R. Minard Interview: “Coach in Cottage C” Historical FictionA long time Florida resident, J.R. Minard taught in high school and junior college classrooms and raised two teenage daughters. She later became part of the faculty at the Job Corps in Charles Town, WV and taught the GED program to young men and women who wished to complete their